- Easy to make/buy (its organic charcoal)
- Good for the environment (traps harmful emissions such as methane, carbon dioxide, and nitrous oxide)
What is Biochar made from?
- Corn leaves and stalks
- Rice husks
- Livestock manure
- Yard trimmings
- Organic waste
Is Biochar Good for Plants?
- Biochar increases soil fertility
- Can increase plant growth by 200%
- Creates a resistance to Fungal Pathogens and mites (gray mold, powdery mildew, broad mite)
- Suppresses plant diseases
- Retains more water and nutrients
How do I make my own Biochar?
- Biochar is burning/cooking organic materials at high temperatures (pyrolysis)
- it is made by burning decomposing biomass
LEGITIMATE BIOCHAR PRODUCTION
Biochar can be made at home or purchased inexpensively if you can find it! It traps environmentally dangerous gasses and creates up to a 220% increase in plant growth. It is exploding in popularity and is expected to continue. It can be mixed with soil or coco-fiber.